Friday, October 16, 2009

Big Booty Bread

Yes you are reading right Big Booty Bread! This is a bakery that my sister Mari discovered about 4 or 5 years ago. She called me ecstatic one night and said that she found a bakery that sold Colombian pastries- which for us is almost like finding a winning lottery ticket since Colombian pastries are hard to find in downtown Manhattan. Since the discovery I would often pop in when I was in the neighborhood. Now that I work in the area...well lets just say the nice guy that runs the counter in the morning kinda always knows what I am going to order.

I had the pleasure of meeting the owner one of my earlier visits, he was really nice and helpful. If you are ever in the area shopping, visiting galleries or going to the movies, stop in for a cup of coffee or a dulce de leche Napoleon, pan de bono, arepas, croissant or cupcakes. Not all the pastries are Colombian so stop in I am sure you will find something to your liking


Deliciso cheese arepas , corn arepas, pan de bono......reminds we so much of Colombia

You can sit in the small seating area in the back relax ,sip some coffee, eat some treats and look at some of the cool art work on the walls, which I think are by local artist.

Warning....Too many yummy treats may lead to a booty like this sculpture by Colombian artist Botero........who am I kidding who cares Big BootyBread treats are well worth it. Oh and they sell the cutest tshirts that say I heart Big Booty. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment