Monday, September 14, 2009

NY Harbor Day














































I ventured down to the NY Harbor festival at Bowling Green this past weekend. It was an event celebrating NYC's waterfronts and our friendship with the Dutch. I enjoyed a really great all male band that played 'Sweet Caroline' .They were awesome. I especially loved the bright orange clogs that the men were wearing. Along with the windmill, indoor greenhouse, tulips!!!!one of my favorite flowers and as you can see in the picture some Dutch tulips came home with me:) Ohh...but the best was the STROOPWAFFLES which are wafer cookies with caramel inside...yumo! Every time someone travels to Amsterdam...I always request some Stroops.....and yes I purchased two packs, I could not resist.
I had a wonderful day at New Amsterdam Village in NYC.....and I did not need a passport...just a Metro card.

No comments:

Post a Comment